Friday, February 21, 2014

WEEK REFLECTION

This week was all about Walmart. The people of Weserville were deciding if it was time for a Walmart to come to town. All week we prepared for the Town Hall Meeting to decide if Walmart was going to come. I was on the pro Walmart side, and decided that a Walmart was needed because of the cheap but good products. But the anti- Walmart group also made good points about maintaining the small town goals and mood. After watching a video on the effects of a Walmart on Ashland, it brought uncertainty to the people of Weserville. They wanted a Walmart, but also wanted to keep a small town. In the end, a Walmart was decided with negotiations from the Walmart Company. Now Weserville will add a lane in each direction and two stoplights, plus paving a road behind Walmart. The total cost will be about 3 million dollars. Also, Dandi Mini Mart will be going out of business so Walmart can also sell gas.
In my opinion, I am against Walmart. The idea of a superstore is good, but not at the expense of all small businesses in the area. I prefer Target because of the food and quality. Even though a Walmart is coming to town, I will still go to it because I need to get my needed items. I will support Walmart because the rest of Weserville wants to make a change to the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment